recommended album of the day: Marnie ‎– Crystal World

this album is really very special and one of the best I've heard in a long time. Marnie is usually known as Ladytron singer but her solo debut is an all-round successful litter. A work that you can listen to over and over again. it is so incredibly beautiful and so incredibly peaceful that you feel like you are in a home that you never had. it gives you the feeling of home...of what home could mean. it sounds so warm and tender that sometimes you could almost cry. I like to listen to this album in the car at night and then i have the feeling of being safe in a larger context. The feelings that this music evokes are a mixture of joy, sadness about a lost paradise, melancholy, happiness and peace. such an authentic work is unfortunately far too rare. it is a very harmonious work. my absolute favorite track is 'laura' and the almost hypnotic 'submariner' as much as the embracingly 'gold'. with the follow-up "Strange Words And Weird Wars" I can't do much. it seems to me like it's from another star. it just doesn't touch me emotionally. However, 'crystal world' is a very important step in the history of electronic music, because above all it shows that there is still authenticity and warmth in this world. at least i no longer feel so alone when listening to this exceedingly 'magnality'. I would like to express my sincere thanks to you for this, Helen Lindsay Marnie!


Les Disques Du Crépuscule ‎– TWI 1156 CD CD, Album UK, Europe & US 08 Jul 2013 Electronic, Pop, Electro, Synth-pop, Indie Pop

Comments